What is American Airlines Baggage Allowance?
Do you like to save on the luggage? You must be mindful of the relevant points on American Airlines baggage policy and avoid any hassles. There can be some modifications in the carry-on or checked luggage that can exceed the overall weight and size of the bags.
So, obtain in-depth information on the domestic and international luggage allowance. Airlines allow three types of bags on the journey according to the travel destination and number of passengers. You must meet the general requirements as given in the following article.
What is the free baggage limit on American Airlines?
No one wants to spend more on the bags and get to know about the free limitation. You can earn elite status or pack as much less luggage as possible to skip any fees. However, if you follow the guidelines, you can easily travel with no hurry.
Baggage to be carried on:
- All the passengers traveling with aa can take one carry-on bag and one personal bag (such as a small backpack, laptop bag, or purse) for each passenger.
- The bag’s measurements that American Airlines limits for carry-on luggage must not be more than 22 x 14 x 9 inches (56 x 36 x 23 cm).
- Liquids, sensitive items, and athletic equipment can be subject to additional limitations.
- It is important to consult the travel specialists for precise information about American Airlines’ luggage policy.
- The piece of bags allowed by American Airlines depends according to the route, destination, and frequent flyer level.
- One checked bag is the standard allocation for the majority of domestic flights within the United States; extra baggage is subject to a cost.
- Checked bags with American Airlines can be within 50 pounds (23 kilograms) in weight, and their maximum linear dimensions (length plus breadth plus height) must not be more than 62 inches (158 cm).
- Members of Elite status and those traveling in first-class cabins may be eligible for greater luggage allowances or charge waivers.
Overweight and oversized bags:
- If your bag weighs more than what American Airlines allows, you need to pay some extra amount.
- Overweight or large luggage may be subject to extra fees and flight space availability.
Browse More Articles: What are American Airlines Red Eye Flights?
What’s allowed for infants in the cabin on American Airlines?
As per American Airlines, only one infant is allowed on the travel that can sit on the parent’s lap. Any additional infants under 2 years need to occupy the special infant seating on the preferred travel class.
If you are flying with an infant, then you can take the following essential items on the cabin as aa baggage allowance for your personal or carry-on luggage.
- Breast pumps.
- Safety seats for child-like strollers.
- Medical and mobility devices.
- One diaper bag per child
- Soft-sided garment boxes for infants are also allowed, and they must not exceed 51 inches or 130 cm in length + width + height.
How much does AA cost for baggage that’s too big or heavy?
When flying with AA Airlines, you must pay $200 for each additional bag unless you’re traveling domestically if you want to bring a third or fourth bag. If so, your third bag will cost $150, but your fourth bag will still cost $200. Any bag exceeds, regardless of where you are going, will cost you $200 a bag. It’s essential to determine that American Airlines baggage rules only enable 100 pounds (45 kg) of checked baggage on all of its journeys.
- For travelers with premium airline status, there are, nonetheless, certain exceptions.
- Passengers having premium status can take a maximum of three complimentary bags, each weighing no more than 70 pounds (32 kg).
- Additionally, passengers on domestic trips boarding in business or first class can take two bags of the same weight and size.
Find out more: Can I track my Lost Baggage with American Airlines?
How to claim lost or damaged bags with American Airlines?
One of the fastest and shortest modes to submit a claim for lost or damaged luggage is online. As per the American Airlines baggage policy, you must look at the below points for the claim.
- Access the American Airlines official web page at www.aa.com.
- Proceed to the delayed or damaged bags option from the top.
Choose the submit a claim option.
- You can see the claim form which you need to fill out.
- When you lose your luggage at the airport, you get the 13-character file ID number.
- Add the file ID number, reason for the claim, and travel destination.
- Provide the passenger’s information in detail and the postal code.
- After this, add the confirmation number and other details.
- You must define the lost or damaged bag and attach the necessary proof.
- Once you submit the required form, you can acquire the confirmation mail.
American Airlines baggage prices for international flights:
Passengers who are flying to an international destination can obtain the fees and related information. So, fees for the aa international baggage policy are mentioned below.
- According to AA’s modified international baggage guideline, complimentary checked backpacks are no longer permitted on international flights in basic economy. The fees for the first checked bag can be $75, the second costs $100, and the third costs $200.
- When compared to domestic flight checked luggage fees, the expenditures are significantly greater.
- Travelers using Basic Economy on domestic flights are entitled to check luggage up to 62 inches/158 cm with a maximum weight of 50 lbs/23 kg.
- $30 is the fee on the first bag, $40 on the second, and $150 on the third. The AA charges $200 for every additional luggage.
How to pay for extra baggage on American Airlines?
If your baggage size crosses the general requirements, then you need to pay the excess fees. When it comes to payment, you can use different modes. So, use the following easy points to pay for extra luggage.
- Get the AA official site at ww.aa.com.
- At the online check-in, enter the necessary information.
- Add the bags, and choose the seats.
- On the next page, pay for the extra luggage.
- Use the different payment options as per convenience.
- Obtain the confirmation message immediately.
You can see that only one bag is eligible to bring on the flight in economy class. However, you are eligible for the certain fees that you must pay to confirm the reservation. It is very easy to learn American Airlines’ baggage policy to enhance the overall journey. If you have any questions, you can dial the aa contact number at 800-433-7300 and talk to the live agent.