Did your flight get delayed, and now you need immediate help? Or if there is a reason you can not reach the airport on time? You can review the American Airlines Missed Flight policy rules and find a way out.
Furthermore, you must be familiar with the travel norms where flight delays and cancellations are common as they occur often. And there can be any reason for a passenger which made him miss his flight.
However, when they miss their flights, the only thing they seek is any form of compensation or reimbursement from the airline. And, American Airlines missed flight guidelines offer them what they need. Read more to find it out.
No-Show Policy of American Airlines
Before moving on to the missed flight rules, you must know that you can go on with your travel plans if you ever miss your AA flight. This is what American Airlines offers to the passengers. Now, let’s find out what if you are a no-show at the airport during your flight boarding time.
- Suppose a passenger is late to arrive at the airport but still within two hours of the flight’s original departure. In that case, AA will arrange your travel on the next flight as a standby flyer without a change fee or fare difference.
- Besides, when a passenger misses his connecting flight because of delay or cancellation. The airline permits them to change it for free to a consecutive flight.
- Also, the airline advises the passengers to reach the airport within two hours of their original flight’s departure. This is in case they need any further compensation or new flight booking in place of the one they missed.
So, when you missed American airlines flight, you can follow their stated procedures and find out what you can do. Let’s have a look at their missed flight policy.
Know More About American Airlines Missed Flight Policy
If you missed your flight or failed boarding on time, you must check the American Airlines missed flight policy for help. This policy states that if you were late by just a minute or two, their Late Arrival Standby policy would let you fly on the next flight.
Furthermore, you only need to reach the airport within two hours from the initial flight’s departure, and you’ll get to board a new flight within the next 15 minutes. Hence, you must ensure to opt for this service if you realise you will be a no-show for the flight.
Moreover, American Airlines will also accommodate you as standby flyers on the very next flight to your destination. However, on the condition that your initial flight is not the last flight for the day. If you follow these, you can fly on the next flight without any fee or charges.
Read Also: How to Get Student Discount on American Airlines?
What Happens If You Miss Your Flight From American Airlines?
The major issue of missing a flight is whether it is a single ticket or not. Moreover, it’s also true that the airline can give you one last option to fly on the next consecutive flight. However, if your flight has a connecting point, you might have to rebook yourself or receive liable compensation from AA.
However, if you wonder what happens if you miss your flight American airlines and lose your connecting ticket, you can be at a disadvantage. Since AA will only rebook you on a new flight if both your flights are with them or their alliance partners.
Hence, you must know that if your connected flight is cancelled, which makes you miss your AA flight, then they are not liable to give you compensation. And the airline will consider you as a no-show resulting in completely cancelling your ticket.
Major factors that affect you getting a new flight with AA
- Suppose a passenger arrives late for the flight check-in but is still at the airport premises within 2 hours of the flight’s departure. In that case, they can be booked on a new flight.
- If passengers miss boarding their flight because of having no proper documents for travelling.
- When you haven’t applied for an ESTA, or you haven’t received your ESTA yet to travel to the USA.
- Or when the passengers have an e-boarding pass but mistakenly entered the wrong airport.
If any of the cases above or all of them stand, you can get to fly on a new flight without making American Airlines Reservations again. The airline will itself rebook you on the consecutive flight.
Read Also: Best Time to Buy Tickets on American Airlines
How Can I Rebook a Flight on American Airlines?
American Airlines allows the passengers to rebook a flight when the airline cancels or delays their flight. Furthermore, the American Airlines missed flight policy can help you get a new flight without a change fee or charges.
Besides, you can also rebook a flight if you are aware of the right procedures. So, follow the steps mentioned below and rebook your AA flight.
- Visit the American Airlines official website on any of your devices and log in to your AA account.
- Else continue as a guest and enter the manage booking section to view the flight booking details.
- Now review the flight details by providing your booking confirmation code and the last name as per the ticket.
- After that, review the missed flight details and find the option to rebook.
- Now, choose a new flight by providing the correct travel details with destination and total passengers.
- Finally, you can select one of the available flights, and the page will redirect you to the payments page if there are any.
If you have any questions, you can contact the American Airlines Espanol team for help. They provide 24/7 help for any services you wish to request from the airline.
Moreover, American Airlines advises you to contact their customer service department in advance after realising that you will miss your flight. This way, the airline can prepare your options and let you be on a new flight. Besides, you can also call the airline agents at our end and receive satisfactory help regarding the missed flight.