American Airlines lets passengers get a boarding pass as soon as they check-in for a scheduled flight. Moreover, there are various ways to do flight check-in, including a site, mobile app, airport counter, and kiosk center. If you do online check-in, the time begins 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure. During check-in, you can get an American flight boarding pass and make a preferred seat selection in advance. Additionally, the seat reservation charges are not included in your booking fare, and you have to pay an additional cost.
How Can I Check-In and Get an American Boarding Pass Online?
Online check-in allows passengers to check-in through the site or mobile app easily. Moreover, if you do online check-in, you will have a boarding pass for Americans online in your mobile wallet.
Here are the steps to follow to do online flight check-in and get a flight boarding pass.
- The first step is to open the airline’s official site on your web browser.
- Second, click on the “Flight Check-in” tab.
- In the next step, add your last name and ticket confirmation number.
- After that, select the “Check-in” button on the left corner and start the check-in process.
- Now, you can also purchase extra miles for your current flight booking.
- Next, choose the upgrade seat option.
- Once you have chosen the seats that best suit your travel requirements, go to the baggage check-in page.
- You must now pay the baggage charges per the airline’s baggage policy.
- Now, you have the option to print your flight boarding pass. Otherwise, get the pass on your email or mobile phone or save it as a PDF file on your smartphone.
If you cannot get an American boarding pass online, feel free to contact the airline via a phone call. Moreover, dial 800-433-7300 and tell your trip details to the executive, and they will provide you with your boarding pass. In case of the gate information changes, your boarding pass will show the same.
What is The Eligibility to Receive a Mobile Boarding Pass on American Airlines?
Passengers with American Airlines reservations can get a boarding pass and make a seat reservation on the mobile app. However, there are certain restrictions on using a phone boarding pass. Let’s have a look at the following points.
- To get a mobile boarding pass on American Airlines, you must have only one person on the flight reservation.
- Moreover, flyers should fly to the US routes and one of the 42 participating airports.
- It can be a non-stop, direct, connecting, or same flight through a phone flight boarding airport.
- Suppose you have booked a round trip, and it is your first flight not served by American Airlines. In that case, you cannot use a mobile boarding pass.
- Also, passengers with weapons, pets, or firearms cannot use a mobile flight boarding pass.
How to Obtain An American Boarding Pass on My Mobile Phone?
American Airlines allows flyers to get a flight boarding pass at their convenience on a smartphone. Moreover, one can go through the check-in process and obtain a pass at least 24 hours before departure.
Here are the steps that you can follow to get an American boarding pass on mobile phones.
- First, you need to check in on the airline’s official site.
- Second, choose Email along with mobile options.
- You can do flight check-in through the airline’s free mobile app and receive the flight boarding pass. Moreover, the app will save your pass, and you can use it at the airport before boarding the flight.
- Make sure that your mobile boarding pass is easily visible on your mobile screen. So, the representative at the airport faces no trouble checking your flight boarding pass.
Where can I Use a Mobile Boarding Pass on American Airlines?
Passengers can make use of the mobile boarding pass at American Airlines airport. You can check the airport details on the airline’s official site. Furthermore, print your pass and go straight to the airport or search for the self-service kiosk. Moreover, you need to check if your departure or connecting airports accept a mobile boarding pass or not.