Do you plan on getting enhanced flight services by American Airlines? You can now opt for the American Airlines 500 mile upgrade and guarantee yourself a rather improved flight.
American Airlines is the greatest airline in the whole wide world. Hence, when you are looking forward to enjoying a perfect flight with no lackings, AA can be your best shot. You can not only have the comfort and convenience, but you will also cheer the luxury in flights.
So, when you wish to enjoy the best flight services, choose to upgrade your flights with American Airlines. Besides, you may find your perfect options on the airline’s official website. Henceforth, do not wait anymore and gift yourself the extreme joy of air travel.
Now, let’s find out more about the 500 mile upgrades American airlines and its policy in detail.
Improve Your Experience with Status Membership
Members with AAdvantage status will automatically receive a free upgrade to the next level of service from any eligible published Main or Premium Economy fare. American Airlines 500 mile upgrades work when traveling in North America. However, you only get the upgrade when your AA flight is eligible.
In that case, no matter it is a Business Class or Domestic First Class, you can choose an upgrade. Executive Platinum members of AAdvantage flights can also upgrade to such award tickets.
Also. if it is possible, the airline will confirm your upgrades as per the status prior to departure. So, next time you book flights on American Airlines website, you will see that your upgrade is free and requested.
If you are traveling with a companion, you will see the 500-mile upgrade required for the companion upgrade and have the option to apply. After making the American Airlines flight booking, you can check your upgrade status by checking your booking under “My Travels”.
Award Ticket Upgrade
AAdvantage Executive Platinum members receive a free 500-mile AAdvantage Rewards upgrade for air travel on AA within and around North America.
- Suppose that everyone in your booking is eligible for a free upgrade. In that case, the 500 mile upgrades American airlines will automatically apply it to you.
- If you need to request an award ticket upgrade, please visit Your Trips on aa.com after booking, or contact your U.S. representative or your travel agent.
Your Companian Upgrade Benefits
- If one or both of you are on an award ticket, you can also upgrade 1 companion on the same flight.
- The total number of upgrades asked for by the companion will debit from the Sponsor Member’s account.
- As with purchased tickets, the number of upgrades required for companions depends on their status tier.
The companions can therefore, also grab 500 mile upgrade American airlines and get themselves to enjoy higher-class benefits without worrying much.
How Do You Confirm?
- If your American Airlines 500 mile upgrade is confirmed, AA will send an email to the address in your AAdvantage® profile to let you know that you have received the upgrade.
- However, when you do not get an upgrade right away, AA will check for upgrade availability 3 hours before your flight.
What is The Order of Upgrade Confirmation?
Once your upgrade window opens, we will try to confirm in the following order:
- AAdvantage tier status ConciergeKey members first, then AAdvantage Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum, mere Platinum, then Gold members can confirm the upgrades
- 500 mile upgrade on purchase ticket first, then 500 miles upgrade on an award ticket
- 12-month rolling loyalty points
- If the upgrade type and rolling 12-month Loyalty Points value are the same, we will look at the booking reference and then look at the requested date/time to determine priority.
What if My Upgrade is Still Unconfirmed at Check-in?
When you check in with American Airlines, you are automatically added to the airport upgrade waitlist (if you have the required number of upgrades in your account or purchased at check-in).
Furthermore, when the upgrade type and the overall 12-month loyalty point value are the same, we will look at the booking code and then look at the date/time requested to determine priority. Finally, you can communicate with an airline expert and get the 500 miles upgrades American airlines confirm. As a result, you may enjoy your flights with American Airlines at ease.