Are you aware of the American Airlines flight check-in procedure? If not, don’t worry and learn about the eligibility and requirements to do check-in and receive a boarding pass.
American Airlines is a world-famous airline, popular for offering top-notch facilities onboard. Moreover, passengers who have made reservations can do flight check-in and choose the window or aisle seat in advance. There are various ways to do flight check-in but choosing the American Airline check-in online is best. By doing so, you can avoid the time spent standing in long queues and check-in with a few clicks.
Highlights of The American Airlines Check-in Policy
If you made an American Airlines booking, you can check-in 24 hours and 45 minutes before departure. Moreover, you can reserve your preferred seats and obtain a flight boarding pass during check-in.
There are certain guidelines about the American Airlines check-in policy which you must know.
- Passengers can reach the airport at least three hours before the scheduled flight departure for international flights.
- Moreover, if your trip route requires specific travel documents, you must bring your documents to the airport.
- You can do flight check-in at least two hours before the scheduled flight departure for flights within the U.S. However, if you are flying outside the U.S, you can check-in up to three hours before flight departure.
- One can also use the self-service kiosks at most airports. In case you have an electronic flight ticket, use the curbside check-in or scan tickets from your mobile phone.
American Airlines Check-in Time
There are different times to do an American Airlines check-in at the airport or through the site/mobile app. For instance,
- Suppose you are flying within the U.S; you can do flight check-in at least 45 minutes before departure.
- However, if your flight is scheduled to/from places outside the U.S, do flight check-in 60 minutes before departure.
- In addition, the check-in time for international flights begins 90 minutes before the scheduled flight departure.
How can I Check-in American Airlines?
You may check-in American Airlines flights, including American Eagle and Envoy Air. Moreover, there are different options to do flight check-in.
- Online or web check-in
- Curbside airport check-in
- Mobile check-in
- Ticket counter check-in at the airport
- Self-service kiosk airport check-in counter
What Are The Requirements For American Airlines check-in Online?
Flyers may do American Airlines check-in online starting 24 hours and ending 45 minutes before take-off. However, it also depends on your flight departure city and destination. Furthermore, you can obtain a flight boarding pass and make a seat reservation of your choice.
If you are willing to do online flight check-in, you must meet the following requirements.
- You can check-in online if you have an electronic flight ticket and your first flight is with American Airlines.
- Moreover, you may access your booking with your ticket confirmation code, e-ticket number, or loyalty program.
- You should not be a passenger with special needs, including an unaccompanied minor or a flyer flying with a pet.
- Online check-in is applicable if you are not traveling on a military fare.
- Suppose your first flight is codeshare served by British Airways or Japan Airlines. In that case, you can do online flight check-in.
- No one can check bags at the airport or via the curbside check-in, kiosk, or the airport check-in counter.
What is the procedure for American Airlines check-in online?
Passengers can do the American Airlines check-in online through the mobile app or on the airline’s site. Moreover, one can either download the official application on Playstore or Appstore and do check-in within a few clicks. During the check-in period, you can receive a flight boarding pass and choose your preferred seats in one place.
If you are willing to do American Airlines check-in online, follow the below steps.
- At first, head to the airline’s official site on your browser.
- Secondly, click on the ‘Flight Check-in” button.
- Now add your first and last name and flight confirmation code to the required fields.
- After that, click on the “Find your trip” button.
- Now the page will take you to the top left corner of the reservation page.
- You can move to the select or change seats and book the best seats as per your choice.
- After you have made a seat selection, you can check-in for your current flight.
How to Obtain a Flight Boarding Pass on American Airlines?
Getting a flight boarding pass on American Airlines is so convenient and hassle-free. Moreover, you can install the airline’s mobile app to do check-in and receive the boarding pass within a few clicks. Once you get the pass, scan the barcode on the screen at the airport security checkpoints when boarding. Moreover, one can use a mobile boarding pass at almost all the airports.
Let’s look at the steps you need to follow to obtain a flight boarding pass on American Airlines.
- First, head to the airline’s official site to check-in online and select “Email” with the mobile option.
- Secondly, follow the link to get your boarding pass.
- Now save the pass on your device so that it is easily accessible.
- Moreover, you can also check in on your mobile device and simultaneously save the boarding pass.
- However, ensure that your barcode is visible on the screen while you show the same to the airport’s security representatives.