Do you wish to travel with a pet on American Airlines but don’t know how? Call on 800-433-7300 to know about the American Airlines pet policy in detail and book tickets with your pet.
Passengers can take seven kennels on American Airlines and five kennels on American Eagle flights. Moreover, one needs to contact the airline’s customer service team to make them aware of pet travel.
There are certain rules and regulations on pet travel. For instance, American Airlines restrict pets from flying if the weather conditions are above 85 and below 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
About American Airlines Cabin Pet Policy
- The American Airlines cabin pet policy allows cats and dogs at least eight weeks old to fly in the cabin. Moreover, the total weight of the pet and carrier should not exceed 9 kg.
- In addition, small pets should remain in the carrier, and the door should be closed and kept under the seat.
- Moreover, the pet fee for flying in the cabin is $125.
- Your pet must have all the health documents required by your destination.
- Only domesticated dogs and cats are allowed on the plane.
- Your pet qualifies to sit with you in the cabin if your itinerary does not include a trip to/from Hawaii or Central and South America.
- Moreover, pets should be able to stand, turn around, and remain in the kennel without discomfort.
- Carry-on pets are eligible on flights to/from Central America, South America, and Hawaii.
Highlights of The American Airlines Pet Policy Cargo
- Small cats and dogs can fly as cargo on a first-come basis.
- Two pets per flyer can board an American flight, and pets should be eight weeks old.
- As per the American Airlines pet policy cargo, the carrier and pet’s weight should not exceed 100 lbs or 45 kg.
- In addition, pet flying as cargo fees depends on the travel distance.
How Much Are The Charges For Pets on American Airlines?
If you are thinking about the how much are the charges for pets on American Airlines? You can refer to the following fee structure.
- It covers flights operating to/from Mexico, Central America, South America, the US, Canada, and the Caribbean. The airline charges $125 for animals flying in the passenger cabin to/from the United States, Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean.
- Moreover, the pet fees for animals flying as checked baggage is $175 for one-way trips.
- Passengers can dial 800-433-7300 to know about the American Airlines booking fee for pets flying in the cabin or as checked baggage.
What Health Documents Are Necessary For Pets on American Airlines?
- According to the American Airline pet policy guidelines, no health certificate is required for animals flying within domestic routes. However, some states might require a health certificate.
- One must consult a veterinarian and the Department of Agriculture to ensure that your pet meets the requirements.
- Additionally, reach out to the airline’s customer service team for assistance for pets flying to Hawaii and other international routes.
Contact the reservation team through the American Airlines pet policy contact number and take notes on the important travel documents for pet travel.
Talk to American Airlines Customer Service Number For Pet Travel
If you are keen to fly with your pet, talk to American Airlines customer service number at 800-433-7300. Moreover, the executive will assist you throughout and help in booking pet flight tickets without any trouble.
- You must check the eligibility for pets flying on American flights and make reservations accordingly.
- Moreover, you can book pet tickets only by reaching the customer service team through a phone call.
- After connecting with an executive, tell your travel requirements and ask them to find the best fares and seats for your journey.