Are you thinking about canceling your ticket but wonder how you would get the refund? Don’t worry! American Airlines Refund Policy from the world’s largest airline is clear about all the conditions where you are eligible for a refund for your bookings.
As per the policy, you will surely get a refund if you’ve canceled your ticket within 24 hours of booking if the purchase is made two days before the scheduled departure. However, there are many conditions where the claim isn’t possible.
Read the sub-topics and learn when and how you can get your refund at AA.
How Do I Request A Refund At American Airlines?
What concerns most travelers is how and when they will receive a refund for their American Airlines Booking. To ease those worries, we have listed the method by which you can request your refund and know its approval status.
- Firstly, go to the official website of aa.com and look for the refund tickets section.
- Secondly, scroll down the page you see to get the request a refund form.
- After that, American airlines refund policy asks for the ticket number and the passenger’s last name.
- Hence, fill in these details in the form and press Enter.
- The Airline staff will check out these details and let you know if you are eligible for the refund or not.
- If there is a possibility of a refund, they will let you know your options.
- Lastly, make sure that you submit a refund request for each ticket individually.
Passengers need to ensure that they have canceled their ticket (in case of refund applicable passengers) before applying for a refund. They need to go to My Reservations to do so. If you have paper tickets, mail them to the Arizona AA office before processing your refund request.
Note: American Airlines asks for seven business days to process refunds if payment has been made through a credit card.
What Are The American Airlines Refund Policy Terms & Conditions?
Not all the bookings are always eligible for partial or full refunds. You need to know the terms & conditions to avoid any disappointment later. These rules are applicable if you purchase your ticket directly from American Airlines.
- You can fully redeem any AA ticket within 24 hours of booking if the scheduled departure of that flight is for more than two days.
- Also, you can’t receive a refund for a non-refundable ticket. You will only get travel credit that you can use for booking another flight one year from the booking date of the original ticket.
- Besides, any passenger cannot change their basic economy ticket at all. The entire amount will be forfeited if you can’t fly on the original flight you’ve booked.
- In addition, if you have award tickets to cancel, you will automatically get your miles redeposited without any additional fee.
- Group bookings are not entitled to get a refund within 24 hours of American Airlines Booking.
- Lastly, upon changing a non-refundable ticket, the fare reduction amount is available in the form of travel credits only.
One must note that exceptions exist when non-refundable tickets are fully redeemable even after 24 hours of booking. Read below to learn under what circumstances that happens.
When Can I Get Full Refund For Non-Refundable Tickets After 24 hours of AA Booking?
Under the American airlines flight refund policy, non-refundable tickets are entitled to receive 100% money back for some exceptional situations. These are:
- If the AA passenger’s flight has a schedule change of 4+ hours.
- Secondly, when military orders are issued against the passenger.
- Lastly, when the passenger or their companion dies during the journey.
These are unforeseen cases. Hence, if you are in doubt, do not hesitate to seek guidance from AA travel agents available 24/7 over a phone call.
What Are Other Services Eligible For Refund?
One must note that any passenger can’t get a refund for the services available on their alternative flight. However, we have listed other services for which you can get your money back as per American airlines refund policy:
- You will pay a fee for additional baggage. However, you won’t get a refund if these are bought online.
- If the passenger has paid fees to bring a pet, they can get the money back.
- When same-day flight changes or standby happens.
- If the passenger’s ticket is available for priority boarding and they haven’t received so.
Claim refund only when you have paid for these facilities, which aren’t available on your alternate flight.
What Are The 24 Hours Refund Policy At American?
Upon canceling the ticket within 24 hours, you will get a refund irrespective of booking class and fare. You will receive your refund within 7-10 business days, and you will receive the original amount from the payment source.
After the risk-free period, the flyer will have to pay a cancellation fee to receive the refund.
If you need guidance related to American Airlines flight refund policy from top AA travel agents, dial customer assistance phone number 800-433-7300 for a chat.