Are you planning to go on a vacation with your kids and look for the best services at American Airlines? If yes, get to know about the terms and conditions of the American Airlines unaccompanied minor policy in detail.
American Airlines is the leading airline in the entire world, allowing kids to fly alone or with parents/guardians. However, there are strict guidelines on the minor travel and the person traveling with kids onboard. Check out the American Airlines unaccompanied minors policy requirements when planning a trip with minors.
What is American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy?
According to the American Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, a child under 5 and 14 years can travel alone. Moreover, they need to be accompanied by the airport, and it costs an additional fee.
Here are other important things on the minor travel on American Airlines.
- As per the policy, the eligibility of a child availing of minor service on selected routes depends on the child’s age.
- Moreover, the child must be at least eight years of age to take connecting flights through certain airports.
- If the child fails to meet the requirements, the airline will permit them to fly on non-stop or direct flights.
- Most importantly, no minor younger than five years can fly alone. Moreover, they need to be accompanied by someone who is at least 16 years old.
- No child can leave the airport’s premises alone.
- In addition, the minor service is not applicable for an overnight flight.
Read Also: American Airlines Expensive
Age Restrictions For Unaccompanied Minors American Airlines Travel
American Airlines has age restrictions on the minor travel on selected flights and routes. Let’s look at the age structure for unaccompanied minors American Airlines travel.
- 0 to 4 years of age – Children under the age group of 0 to 4 cannot travel alone. Moreover, a parent or a guardian should accompany them during the entire trip.
- 5 to 7 – If you are under the 5 to 7 group, you can receive the unaccompanied minor service of American Airlines. In addition, the airline will also need someone to escort the kids to board only non-stop or direct flights.
- 8 to 14 years – American Airlines offers an unaccompanied minor service for a child between 8 to 14. In addition, a guardian has to escort the child and contact the gate escort team. The airline will allow them to board non-stop or connecting flights via Phoenix, Chicago, Philadelphia, Miami, Los Angeles, and Dallas.
- 15 to 17 age group – The American Airlines unaccompanied minor service is optional for kids aged 15 to 17. Moreover, the airline requires a guardian and a gate escort for the kid. The child to take non-stop or connecting flights through Chicago, New York, Charlotte, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Miami, and Washington.
How Much is The Unaccompanied Minor Fee on American Airlines?
Eligible kids can pay an unaccompanied minor fee for American Airlines of $150 plus tax each way. Moreover, when extra siblings are flying on the same flight, the fee of $150 will cover two to four siblings.
Read Also: American Airlines and American Eagle
Services Offered Under The American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Travel
American Airlines offers minors high-quality services and complete assistance before or after completing the trip. Moreover, children can fly with peace of mind and get access to a safe and comfortable journey.
Here are some services offered under the American Airlines unaccompanied minors travel.
- Early flight boarding will give you extra time to get settled.
- Moreover, the airline provides kids-only lounges in the hub cities for flight connections.
- An airport escort will be there to help kids get to the gate for connecting flights.
- Additionally, the team allows accompanying the child after landing to meet the verified adult mentioned in the minor form. Moreover, there should be a matching photo ID for picking up the kid.
Important Documents Required at The Airport For American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Travel
According to the American Airlines unaccompanied minors policy, you need to submit certain documents at the airport. Once you have met all the formalities, you can avail the minor service and enjoy amazing services. Most importantly, don’t forget to bring the documents before boarding the flight.
- Passport or a birth certificate of an unaccompanied minor
- The government issues a photo ID card with the current address at the airport departure gate.
- Moreover, the contact information of the minor’s parents.
- Contact details, name, and current address of the parents at the arrival airport gate.
Guidelines When Families Traveling with Kids on American Airlines
If you are a family and flying with kids under 15 years can book a seat together on the plane. Moreover, you can keep the following things in mind when booking flights with unaccompanied minors.
- Most importantly, make sure to book everyone’s flight tickets in the same flight reservation.
- The more advanced flights you book, the better seats you can find to book. Moreover, seats will be limited closer to the day of travel.
- In addition, choose seats for the entire family group for the same flight on the seat map in advance.
How to Book Unaccompanied Minor Flight American Airlines?
To avail the airline’s unaccompanied minor service, one can contact the flight reservation center. Moreover, give a call at 800-433-7300 and attain additional travel assistance from the experts in English. You can tell them your trip details, and the team will find the best tickets under the best fares.