Want to travel with an upgrade but don’t know which one will suit you the best? Try the American Airlines Business Class Upgrade for your next air journey. Bigger seats, complimentary drinks, and priority boarding are some amenities.
If you have booked an economy or premium class ticket and are looking for a business upgrade, you must know that upgrades are not offered to everyone. Depending upon previous bookings and the loyalty flyer program, you might be eligible for an upgrade.
Read the subtopics to learn how you also can get a business class upgrade on American Airlines.
How Do I Find Upgrade Availability?
Here is how you can determine online if you are eligible for an upgrade to American airlines business class seats. Follow this process below:
- Firstly, log in to the official website of AA.
- After that, while booking your tickets on the airlines, passengers have to find the systemwide upgrade link.
- Also, this link will help you find the flights with the option of upgrading seats.
- You will be shown whether or not enough upgrades are available on that flight. To access this detail, you need to type in the number of passengers for whom you are looking for an upgrade.
- Afterward, AA will check if you have the right number of upgrades in your balance or not.
Otherwise, you call the live American Agent over the phone and ask if an upgrade is available on their booking or not.
How To Upgrade To Business Class American Airlines?
If you are eligible for a seat upgrade, American Airlines will offer you the option of upgrading your seat to a higher category. Check out how to upgrade your seat to business class:
- Firstly, visit the official website of American Airlines.
- Secondly, log in with your details and look for the MY TRIPS option.
- Afterward, go to the check-in section and enter details like first and last names.
- Also, please enter the confirmation number and click the find my trip button.
- After that, you will find an option to upgrade your ticket. However, it will depend upon if you are eligible to get an upgrade in the first place.
- Lastly, click the upgrade option and follow the prompts to arrive at the payment page. Pay the required American airlines cost to upgrade to business class.
Finally, the new seat is yours. If you are an economy traveler, you may get an upgrade for premium class seats. Also, you will receive a confirmation for any paid seat upgrade in American airlines.
What Are The Different Types Of Upgrade At American Airlines?
There are multiple ways to seek an upgrade at AA. Depending upon your membership and miles earned through a loyalty program, here are American airlines booking upgrade options:
- Companion Upgrade: As the name suggests, you can upgrade your companion’s seat. If you are an elite member, request the airlines to upgrade the seats of your companions, even if they are not a part of the AAdvantage scheme. It doesn’t matter if the ticket is paid or awarded; American Airlines Business Class Upgrade is possible for any of them upon elite members’ request.
- Miles Upgrade: Except for basic economy and award tickets, AAdvantage frequent flyers can use miles to upgrade their premium/ discounted economy seats. However, the number of miles required to upgrade may vary on AA and its partner airlines. Passengers can use up to 3 segments for upgrades on return/ outbound flights.
- Systemwide Upgrades: Executive Platinum Elite members annually earn these upgrades from all types of American flights. Maximum 3 American Airlines Business Class Upgrade from economy class is available.
- Complimentary Upgrades: It is a loyalty program-based upgrade offered to passengers. AA has different loyalty levels based on their flying history.
- Platinum & Gold: Also known as a 500-mile upgrade, they can buy more than 500 miles. Also, these members earn four upgrades for every 12,500 EQMs they fly annually.
- Platinum Pro: These members receive complimentary upgrades on Hawaiian and domestic USA flights. Also, they receive a similar complimentary upgrade for flights from the USA to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Central America, Mexico, and Bermuda.
- Executive Platinum: Such members get four systemwide upgrades to business class American airlines certificates. Also, they receive 200,000 annual EQMs and 2 SWUs for 50,000 miles. It comes additionally to platinum pro flights.
- Concierge Key: The topmost loyalty status offered by AA, members get priority over all other members.
Dial American Airlines service number 800-433-7300 to upgrade to business class American airlines with assistance from 24/7 available live American agents.